Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another Day

I'm starting to feel like myself again, slowly but surely. I worked last night for the first time in a week and overall it was busy but it went well. Being a good nurse is not something I can fake very well. I cannot half-*ss it very well, either. Sometimes I dream about a job where I could just 'show up' and sort of function enough to get through the shift but nursing is definitely NOT it. I was in charge so I didn't have a patient assignment, but I still got pulled in enough directions so that by the end of the night, I had not even finished my tea. At least I took five minutes to scarf down my PB&J and banana. I'm pretty sure I do this to myself and I need to get better about taking care of myself while I'm at work. That is probably why I got sick in the first place . . .

Mya slept on my butt all morning, yes, right on my butt. I couldn't really move this morning and when I looked down to see why, the little bugger was all curled up on me. Michael put a human t-shirt on her last night and it made her look like she was homeless. At first she tried to chew it off but then she just kind of gave in to it. He's very concerned that she is cold. I remind his that she has a nice coat of fur but he must think this is for looks only.

My life is really exciting right now.

1 comment: