Friday, October 2, 2009

My First Blog (In a really long time)

I am slowly coming out of flu-ridden stupor that has been my life for the past four days. Instead of describing all the really cool and not so cool things my body has been through (because only nurses would find that appropriate to share), I will focus on what I have done this week. Let me assure you, it has not been a whole lot of anything. I can also assure you that this post will not be very interesting but please humor me as this is my first blog since the last time I blogged a long time ago.

Here it goes. I slept a lot, watched more TV in 4 days then I have in all of 2009 so far, drank a lot of tea, carried a box of tissues with me wherever I went with a little brown paper bag as a portable trash can. I have stared out the window in our sun room so long that I swear I saw leaves change colors. I have heard the school bus pick the kids up in the morning and drop them off in the afternoon. I have made an effort each day to do some small household task even if it has left me breathless and/or dizzy. I have contemplated my career, house projects, my life, some things that I would like to do at some point, etc. I have watched our lawn-obsessed neighbor work tirelessly in his yard every day which only makes us look more like yard slackers (sigh). One day I was so pale I looked like I could be on the cast of Twilight.

All of the sudden I am getting tired. Also, I don't have much else to say so this is a convenient place to end. Jamie, how did I do?

3 comments:

  1. You forgot about how many times you talked to me online over the past 4 days! What a great perk of being sick! Love the blog! lylas

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you got a lot done while sick! or at least you thought about everything. that's half the battle.

    [p.s. jamie said i could read your blog.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. I thought you understood you were supposed to post daily? I mean, its not even 10am yet so I guess you still have time for today ... just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete