Thursday, October 8, 2009

I need an off switch

Lately when I go to bed, my mind is racing and I can't seem to find the 'off' switch and just go to sleep. I miss the days of putting my head down on the pillow and falling asleep immediately. Not that I really have much to stress about, it's just that my mind takes all these mental leaps at what should be the quietest time of the day. I try little relaxation tricks but they don't always work that well. Tonight I even sighed really loudly several times secretly hoping to wake up Michael even though that's kind of mean of me to do since he's the one who wakes up early in our house. For some reason I want him to have deep conversations at 3 in the morning and I'm hoping he'll take the hint and wake up and 'hang out' with me. Yeah right! Anyways, once I get back to my normal healthy self and get back on my exercise schedule and such, I hope I'll just be so exhausted that I'll fall right asleep.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to wake someone up, kicking usually works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that to Chip, too. Turns out it just kinda makes him angry, though. Sometimes counting deep breaths works, or even singing a silly kids song in your head works, too. I can't sleep a LOT and those "tricks" kinda help me. Good luck, Sissy!

    ReplyDelete